Come in for these beautiful quality cotton poplins. Classic paisley in three colourways and a selection of adorable prints suitable for tiny tots to big kids.
Fancy sewing up some gorgeous lingerie for Valentine’s Day? Maybe a pair of matching jammies for you and your Valentine! I’ve been scouring the pattern books for knickers, bras, nighties, robes and other underpinnings so you don’t have to; and as my Valentine’s present to you I’ve even got some fabric suggestions.
Come in and talk to us about your Valentines sewing!
A library bag is a great project you can sew with your kids in the lead up to school going back. Come into the shop, get them to pick their favourite fabric and trims, and go home to whip up a very simple bag with straight line sewing. Some of our young sewists are as young as 10 but I’ve seen lots of budding designers at around 7 years old!
5 Library Bags To Try
Which one are you going to make?
We have a lot of very talented mums, aunties and grandmas sewing kindy sheets and quillows for their kids as they go back to school for the new year. That’s right, 2017! I bet some of you are hanging out for a little peace and quiet after holiday mayhem!
Even if you’re a beginner sewer, you too can whip up some kindy sheets or a quillow; and we’ve got some terrific 100% cotton fabric to choose from so you can banish boring white sheets forever.
Check out the tutorials below and you’ll have the other mums asking you where you got your sheets from!
Come on down to our Early Bird Christmas Sale to kick start your holiday sewing and craft projects!
Sale starts 14th of December and finishes 24th of December 2016
- 20-50% off our quality dress and craft fabric
- 20% off 280cm quilt backing fabric and Matilda’s Own wadding
- 50% off Simplicity, Burda and New Look sewing patterns
When you sign up to our email list you’ll go in the draw to win a $50 gift voucher! Don’t forget we offer teenage and adult sewing classes, so book in now for the school holidays and new year.
The Bargain Box team have had a huge winter sale this week, and we’re very grateful to our customers old and new for supporting us. We’d love to see any of your creations, so please feel free to stop by the facebook page and share photos of your beautiful work.
We love to help you make your sewing projects come to life, and I thought it was important to blog about how you should never be too shy to ask for help.
- Often we’ll ask “and what are you planning to make?” and we get a huge range of answers: from ball gowns to cosplay, stage costumes, kids’ clothing, race frocks, Christmas stockings, sleeping bags… you name it. Even if you’re just stash-building, I’m not here to judge because just quietly, I have a whole wall of fabric in my house! If you’re making something new and you’re not quite sure how to approach it, we can certainly help with advice, or if you need a lesson we hold them twice a week.
- Bargain Box isn’t a big chain store, and because we are a small friendly team we are more available to have a chat and solve problems with you. If you’re looking for a particular thing and can’t find it, please hunt one of us down and ask!
- Never, ever apologise for taking up our time! If you need someone to explain the difference between types of fabric, or to find suitable fabric for your sewing pattern, that’s our job. I want you to feel like you’re prepared to take on your sewing project when you walk out of the shop.
- If you’ve only got a limited amount of time, take advantage of us and we’ll round up the supplies you need to get you on your way. You can even give us a call or message us on facebook!
- Some of our customers feel shy that they don’t have the latest and greatest sewing machines, but put that to the back of your mind! My youngest machine is 35 – exactly as old as me. If your machine is skipping a beat, bring it in and we’ll service it. No problemo!
I love sewing, and I get huge satisfaction from helping people, so please take advantage of that. I have to admit, quilting math isn’t my strong point so you’ll have to forgive me!!