Come in for these beautiful quality cotton poplins. Classic paisley in three colourways and a selection of adorable prints suitable for tiny tots to big kids.
Beautiful new fabrics just in – we’ve paired them up with some patterns that would showcase them brilliantly.
Don’t forget Kwik Sew patterns are all $10!
Come on down, our craft fabrics are $5.95/m!
Kwik Sew patterns all $10.
Burda, New Look and Simplicity half price.
Just a couple of places are left at our next sewing retreat, and we’d love to sew with you. Our venue is set in picturesque bushland in Boonah just over an hour out of Brisbane. Linen, meals, washing up – it’s all taken care of so you can dedicate your weekend to sewing.
Customers have asked us if you need to be an experienced sewist in order to come along to a retreat. The answer is NO! There are plenty of us with a few years experience under our belts and the exchange of knowledge at retreats is one of the most valuable parts of the experience. We’re all sewing a huge variety of things whether it be kids’ or adult’s clothing, patchworking, hand embroidery or bras.
Our retreats are the just the trick for relaxing and spending time away from your busy life, while developing your hobby amongst people of all ages and experiences.
New sewists welcome, always!
We can take payments over the phone.
Summer clearance sale
Already reduced craft prints
Including designer prints!
Matilda’s Own Quality Wadding
Sale ends Saturday 25th March
Store stock only. Some exclusions apply.
Sorry no lay-by or rainchecks. Minimum cuts apply.
Come on down to our Early Bird Christmas Sale to kick start your holiday sewing and craft projects!
Sale starts 14th of December and finishes 24th of December 2016
- 20-50% off our quality dress and craft fabric
- 20% off 280cm quilt backing fabric and Matilda’s Own wadding
- 50% off Simplicity, Burda and New Look sewing patterns
When you sign up to our email list you’ll go in the draw to win a $50 gift voucher! Don’t forget we offer teenage and adult sewing classes, so book in now for the school holidays and new year.
The Bargain Box team have had a huge winter sale this week, and we’re very grateful to our customers old and new for supporting us. We’d love to see any of your creations, so please feel free to stop by the facebook page and share photos of your beautiful work.
We love to help you make your sewing projects come to life, and I thought it was important to blog about how you should never be too shy to ask for help.
- Often we’ll ask “and what are you planning to make?” and we get a huge range of answers: from ball gowns to cosplay, stage costumes, kids’ clothing, race frocks, Christmas stockings, sleeping bags… you name it. Even if you’re just stash-building, I’m not here to judge because just quietly, I have a whole wall of fabric in my house! If you’re making something new and you’re not quite sure how to approach it, we can certainly help with advice, or if you need a lesson we hold them twice a week.
- Bargain Box isn’t a big chain store, and because we are a small friendly team we are more available to have a chat and solve problems with you. If you’re looking for a particular thing and can’t find it, please hunt one of us down and ask!
- Never, ever apologise for taking up our time! If you need someone to explain the difference between types of fabric, or to find suitable fabric for your sewing pattern, that’s our job. I want you to feel like you’re prepared to take on your sewing project when you walk out of the shop.
- If you’ve only got a limited amount of time, take advantage of us and we’ll round up the supplies you need to get you on your way. You can even give us a call or message us on facebook!
- Some of our customers feel shy that they don’t have the latest and greatest sewing machines, but put that to the back of your mind! My youngest machine is 35 – exactly as old as me. If your machine is skipping a beat, bring it in and we’ll service it. No problemo!
I love sewing, and I get huge satisfaction from helping people, so please take advantage of that. I have to admit, quilting math isn’t my strong point so you’ll have to forgive me!!
People come from across Brisbane to Capalaba for our trims, and this week we’ve had an influx of new trimmings so our shelves are positively bursting with lace, bias binding, braid, ribbon, and fringing. We’ve been sorting through the lot and oohing-and-ahhing at all the pretty shiny things! Many of our customers have been remarking on how hard it is to source quality “old fashioned” trims for their sewing and craft projects and we pride ourselves on having a stash worth driving across town for. Next time you come in you must check it out!
If you’re ever at a loss to coordinate trim with fabric have a chat to Karen who, in my opinion, is unrivaled in her talent for colour coordination and imagination! She’s put together some gorgeous displays of our range of trims and buttons for the blog today.