The Bargain Box team have had a huge winter sale this week, and we’re very grateful to our customers old and new for supporting us. We’d love to see any of your creations, so please feel free to stop by the facebook page and share photos of your beautiful work.
We love to help you make your sewing projects come to life, and I thought it was important to blog about how you should never be too shy to ask for help.
- Often we’ll ask “and what are you planning to make?” and we get a huge range of answers: from ball gowns to cosplay, stage costumes, kids’ clothing, race frocks, Christmas stockings, sleeping bags… you name it. Even if you’re just stash-building, I’m not here to judge because just quietly, I have a whole wall of fabric in my house! If you’re making something new and you’re not quite sure how to approach it, we can certainly help with advice, or if you need a lesson we hold them twice a week.
- Bargain Box isn’t a big chain store, and because we are a small friendly team we are more available to have a chat and solve problems with you. If you’re looking for a particular thing and can’t find it, please hunt one of us down and ask!
- Never, ever apologise for taking up our time! If you need someone to explain the difference between types of fabric, or to find suitable fabric for your sewing pattern, that’s our job. I want you to feel like you’re prepared to take on your sewing project when you walk out of the shop.
- If you’ve only got a limited amount of time, take advantage of us and we’ll round up the supplies you need to get you on your way. You can even give us a call or message us on facebook!
- Some of our customers feel shy that they don’t have the latest and greatest sewing machines, but put that to the back of your mind! My youngest machine is 35 – exactly as old as me. If your machine is skipping a beat, bring it in and we’ll service it. No problemo!
I love sewing, and I get huge satisfaction from helping people, so please take advantage of that. I have to admit, quilting math isn’t my strong point so you’ll have to forgive me!!